The Dynamic Nature Of Human Minds
Have you noticed that the state of your mind is not the same always? At some time you’re just calm, happy and peaceful and next you’re become anxious and worried.
You might have decided on a certain stuff and be very sure about it then later find your mind in a confused state concerning the very thing which you were previously so clear and certain about.
Mind is referred to as that which is responsible for one’s feelings and reasoning, the mechanism of thoughts or aspect of intellect and consciousness experienced as combinations of thought, emotion, perception, imagination, will, memory, including all other reflex acts.
“The mind is the set of faculties responsible for all mental phenomena. Often the term is also identified with the phenomena themselves. These faculties include thought, imagination, memory, will, and sensation” …Wikipedia
….”But we have the mind of Christ (the Messiah) and do hold the thoughts (feelings and purposes) of His heart”. 1 CORINTHIANS 2:16
The Current State of your mind [positive Or negative?]
This simply means your mental or emotional condition in a given period of time.
The mind will either be filled with positivity or negativity
Currently my mind is in reasoning and dialogue state typing this piece likewise you reading this, your mind is not in a bad state as you read though, but sometimes you find yourself not happy with almost everything and everyone.
…I don’t know about you but there have been times in my own life when I experienced these kind of stuffs and so on. There have been times when I seemed to be able to believe God and the nature without any bias and then there have been other times when doubts and uncertainty haunted me mercilessly. But in all, think positive always.
By Positive thinking, it doesn’t mean you should ignore all the life’s challenges and defiance, it simply means that you approach unpleasant conditions in a more positive and productive way. Rather think or wish that the best happens, and not the worse.
Positive thinking has got numerous benefits, so we must learn to deal with the abnormal (negative) thinking patterns immediately they hit us.
One can actually change his/her negative thinking mindset into positive thinking. The process is simple, though it may take some time and effort (practice).
How to activate positive thinking mindsets
Follow these bellow highlights to think and behave in a more positive and optimistic ways
- Identification. First try to identify the areas of your life you may need to improve regarding your mindset; relationships, work, daily routines etc. Positive thoughts/mindset would do you better.
- Regular self-check. You need to periodically halt and evaluate your mindset towards certain things. If you find yourself with negative thoughts concerning anything, try to find a way to include a positive spin instead.
- Open up to humor. Permit yourself to smile/laugh often, especially in difficult situations. Seek ye humor in all endeavors. Should you manage to laugh at life in such times, you’ve sure defeated your challenges.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle. Try to exercise often, 10, 20, 30 minutes at least twice/thrice in the week. Exercise can positively affect mood and drop stress, anxiety and depression. Eat a healthy diet to fuel your body and mind. Get enough/good sleep.
- Mingle with positive minded people. People you stay around them should be positive minded people. Negative minded people rather increases your problem.
- Always talk to yourself in a positive way: The rule is; don’t say anything to yourself which you can’t say to anyone else. Be gentle to and always encourage yourself. If a negative thought tries to enter, evaluate it rationally and respond with affirmations of what is good about you. Think about things you’re thankful for in your life.
Benefits of positive thinking
Positive thinking can reward you with:
- Long life
- Improved physical and mental health
- Minimal chances of feeling depressed
- More creative thinking
- Stronger leadership skills
- Greater ability to adapt to changes
- Optimum resistance to sickness and diseases
- Minimized effects of distress and pain
- Lower risk of death from cancer
- Stronger immune system and more resistant to the Monday blues
- Lower risk of death from infections
- Reduced risk of death from respiratory conditions
- Cope better in periods of stress and economic downtime etc.
Pessimism have got severe effects not only on your emotional health, but your overall health and person. Thinking negatively could be the reason for your migraine, anxiety or prolonged aches which you might’ve been wrongly accusing sickness or diseases.
A study have found that people with high levels of negativity are mostly affected with degenerative brain diseases, cardiovascular problems, indigestion, and such persons are relatively slow in responding to treatments when they eventually fall sick compared to those with positive mindsets.
What are the Causes of Negativity?
Always or mostly thinking negatively may be caused by personality issues, illness, substance abuse, poor economic status, insecurity, depression etc.
Like other things in life, thinking negatively also can easily become a habit hence causing the brain to distort the truth and make it even more difficult to break the negative cycle. But the good news is that habits can be broken.
…experts maintained that it takes about 21 days to break out from an accustomed usual norms.
For instance, a suspicious, judgmental and critical mindset should be considered a bad norm for a normal person.
What do negative people do? [Characteristics of negative mindset]
People with negative mindsets:
* Give Excuses: Always source for excuses, and blaming others for their challenges and failures, coupled with a feeling that they’re victims of life’s unfairness.
* Filters: Mostly focuses on the bad (negative attributes) only, even in occasions that’s supposed to be some exciting experiences and memories.
* Cynic: Barely believe anyone and their intentions (general distrust).
* Hostile: Generally not being very friendly with others; No interests in developing healthy relationships.
* Thinks in Polarized manner: Always believing whence something or someone is not perfect, then they must be horrible; but in reality there’s no perfection.
* Jumping to Conclusions: Always assuming something bad happens due to the contemporary phenomena.
* Emotionally analyzing situations: Use their emotions to qualify what is real and what is not.
* Want instantaneous rewards: Expect rewards or recompense in every little things they do hence heaven rewards their hard work and sacrifices. When the rewards seems not coming as expected, they become bitter and depressed. more>>
If the thoughts that run through your head are mostly negative, your outlook on life is more likely as such but if your thoughts are always positive, you’re likely a winner in all endeavors.
So always strive to be positive all your life no matter what happens.