A Pest Control Technician is a professional who uses various techniques to eliminate pests from residential, commercial, and industrial facilities.
They identify pest problems and choose a practical approach to remove pests from the property.
- Identifying the necessary treatment method to eradicate a specific type of pest.
- Advising customers on the sort of treatment required to eliminate identified pests
- Inspecting customers’ premises to identify pest problems
- Conduct inspections of structures and their surrounding environments to detect indications of pest infestation.
- Determine the type of treatment needed to eliminate pests.
- Take the necessary measurements of the treatment-required area.
- Provide an estimation of the service costs for clients or customers.
- To eliminate or exterminate pests, utilize diverse pest control techniques, such as deploying traps or baits.
- Apply pesticide safely within buildings, structures, and the surrounding surroundings.
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Pest Control Technician or in a similar capacity.
- It is required to have muscular physical endurance and the capacity to endure challenging conditions.
- Ability to stand for an extended period and work in uncomfortable environments
- Must be well-oriented and capable of adhering to intricate instructions when applying pesticides to prevent harm to clients and oneself.
- Required to have proficient customer service abilities and a strong focus on customer satisfaction.
- Rewrite this sentence:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
We seek a Pest Control Technician with expertise in various types of pests and their habitats.
The duties of a Pest Control Technician encompass examining customers’ premises, providing recommendations for potential treatment approaches, and eliminating factors that might attract pests to the surroundings.
Ultimately, you must determine the specific category of insect, bug, or animal you encounter, aiding customers in achieving a more targeted elimination approach.
- Address: 15299 68 Ave, Surrey, BC, V3S 2C1
- Salary: $40,000 to $45,000 per annum for a 40-hour workweek
- Employment Type: Permanent, Full-time
- Work Schedule: Day, Evening, Shift
- Start Date: Immediate
- Benefits: Comprehensive health benefits, long-term benefits, and financial perks
- Openings: 2 positions available
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 year to less than 2 years
- On-site customer service
- Various locations
- An employer covers relocation costs
- Willing to relocate
- Inspect buildings and outside areas to detect signs of infestation
- Provide an estimate of costs
- Determine the type of treatment required
- Prepare and apply a chemical blend onto areas affected by infestation.
- Place and set traps to capture and remove animals
- Clean out areas that harbour pests
- Advise clients on how to prevent pest infestation
Certificates, licenses, memberships, and courses
- Provincial Pesticide Applicator Licence
Security and safety
- Basic security clearance
- Criminal record check
- Driver’s validity license check
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Dental plan
- Health care plan
- Vision care benefits
Long term benefits
- Life insurance
- Long-term care insurance
- Maternity and parental benefits
- Other benefits
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for every job applicant, encompassing individuals who self-identify as members of these categories: Indigenous peoples, newcomers to Canada, veterans, and visible minorities.
Who can apply for this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You hold Canadian citizenship or have attained permanent residency in Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
Suppose you lack the authorization to work in Canada. In that case, we kindly request that you refrain from applying, as the employer will be unable to respond to such submissions.
How to Apply
15299 68 Ave suite 203
Note: The following are required to be included in your application;
- Cover letter