If you own a Motorola phone and need to remember your pattern or PIN, you might wonder how to unlock it without losing your data.
It is a common problem that many Android users face, especially if they have set up a complex or lengthy screen lock.
Fortunately, there are some ways to bypass the screen lock on your Motorola phone without a data reset. In this article, we will show you three ways that you can use to unlock your Motorola phone without data loss.
Use Android Device Manager (Find My Device)
One of the easiest and most convenient ways to unlock your Motorola phone without data loss is to use the Android Device Manager (Find My Device) service from Google.
This service lets you remotely lock your phone with a new password and a recovery message or phone number. You can use this method if you have a Google account linked to your phone and access to another device or computer.
Here are the ways to use Android Device Manager (Find My Device) to unlock your Motorola phone:
- On another device or computer, go to the [Android Device Manager] website or download the [Find My Device] app from Google Play Store.
- Sign in with the same Google account you use on your Motorola phone.
- Select your Motorola phone from the list of devices.
- Click the Lock option on the website or tap on the Secure device on the app.
- Enter a new password and an optional recovery message or phone number.
- Click on Lock or Secure Device again to confirm.
- On your Motorola phone, please enter the new password that you have set and unlock it.
Use iToolab UnlockGo
Another way to unlock your Motorola phone without data loss is to use a third-party tool such as iToolab UnlockGo. This tool can bypass any screen lock on Android devices without data loss. You can use this method with a computer and a USB cable.
Here are the steps to use iToolab UnlockGo to unlock your Motorola phone:
- Download and install iToolab UnlockGo on your computer from [its official website].
- Launch the tool and select Remove Screen Lock from the main interface.
- Attach your Motorola phone to your computer using a USB cable, then activate USB debugging on the phone.
- Click on Start, wait for the app to detect your phone model, and download the required firmware package.
- Follow the instructions on the tool to put your phone into download mode and start the unlocking process.
- Once the process is completed, disconnect your phone and access it without any screen lock.
Use Recovery Mode
The final approach we’ll present involves utilizing the recovery mode feature on your Motorola phone. This choice will result in removing all data and configurations and returning the phone to its initial condition.
This method is suitable if data loss is acceptable to you or if you’ve previously backed up your data.
Here are the steps to use recovery mode to unlock your Motorola phone:
- Turn off your Motorola phone and press and hold the Volume Down and Power buttons simultaneously until the phone turns on.
- Utilize the Volume buttons for navigation, scroll to locate the Recovery mode, and then employ the Power button to confirm your selection.
- Upon encountering an Android robot displaying an exclamation mark, hold down the Power button and press the Volume Up button once.
- Utilize the Volume buttons for scrolling and locate “Wipe data/factory reset,” then tap the Power button to confirm your selection.
- Confirm the action by selecting Yes, wipe all user data, and Wait for the reset to finish.
- Click “Reboot system” now and wait for your phone to restart.
How to Recover Data from Your Motorola Phone after Unlocking It
If you have used Method 3 or any other method that involves data loss, you should recover your data from your Motorola phone after unlocking it.
Some data recovery tools can help you with that, such as EaseUS MobiSaver for Android. This tool can scan your phone and recover trashed or deleted files such as photos, videos, contacts, messages, etc.
How to Bypass the Lock Screen on a Motorola Phone Without Losing Data
If you need help remembering your password, PIN, or pattern to unlock your Motorola phone, you may be worried about losing your data if you perform a factory reset. Fortunately, some methods can help you bypass the lock screen on your Motorola phone without losing data. Here are some of them:
Use Google Find My DeviceGoogle Find My Device is a service that allows you to remotely locate, lock, or erase your Android device. You can use it to set a temporary password for your Motorola phone and then unlock it with the new password.
To use this method, you need to have a Google account linked to your Motorola phone and enable Find My Device on your device before it is locked.
To utilize Google Find My Device, adhere to these instructions:
- Access Google Find My Device and sign in using your Google account linked to your Motorola phone. It can be accomplished on any device equipped with a web browser.
- Select your Motorola phone from the list of devices connected to your Google account.
- Click on Secure Device or a similar option. You will be asked to enter and confirm a new password for your device. Click on Lock or Next after entering the password.
- You will get a confirmation message that your device has been locked. You can now use the new password to unlock your Motorola phone.
Use EaseUS MobiUnlock for AndroidEaseUS MobiUnlock for Android apps is a professional tool that can aid you in removing any screen lock from your Android device, including password, PIN, pattern, fingerprint, and face ID. It supports more than 10 Android phone brands, including Motorola.
It is 100% safe and clean without viruses. To use this method, you must download and install EaseUS MobiUnlock for Android on your computer and connect your Motorola phone to the computer with a USB cable.
To use EaseUS MobiUnlock for Android, follow these steps:
- Launch EaseUS MobiUnlock for Android on your computer and click Start.
- Link your Motorola phone to the computer with a USB cable and follow the guide on the screen to put your device into download mode.
- Wait for the program to download and confirm the firmware package for your device.
- Click on Unlock and wait for the app to remove the screen lock from your device. Your device will restart on its own after the process is done. You can now use your device without a screen lock.
Use Google Account If you have set up a Google account on your Motorola phone and enabled Smart Lock, you may be able to access your device with your Google account credentials.
This method only works if you have entered the wrong password, PIN, or pattern several times and see an option to sign in with your Google account on the lock screen. To use this method, you need an internet connection on your device.
To use a Google Account, follow these steps:
- On the lock screen of your Motorola phone, enter the wrong password, PIN, or pattern several times until you see an option to sign in with your Google account.
- Tap on Forgot Password, Forgot Pattern, or a similar choice, and enter your Google account username and password.
- Verify the action by choosing “Yes, Delete all user data,” and then patiently await the completion of the reset pro.
- Once you sign in with your Google account, you can reset your screen lock settings and choose a new password, PIN, or pattern for your device.
These are some of the methods that can help you bypass the lock screen on your Motorola phone without losing data. You can choose the one that aligns most with your circumstances and preferences.
However, it is always recommended to back up your data regularly and remember your screen lock password to avoid any inconvenience in the future.