YouTube allows its users to choose the language in which the site or app is displayed. Although it normally settles on a default based on your location, you are free to change the language on YouTube as you deem fit.
This article will walk you through the procedures required to change the language on YouTube based on your current platform.
How to Change YouTube Language from a Windows 10, Mac, or Chromebook PC
If you’re using a computer, whether it’s Windows, macOS, or Chrome OS, the methods to change the language are the same. When using a computer to view YouTube, you must use a browser, and the settings are not platform dependent. To change the language of YouTube on a computer, do the following:
- Log in to your YouTube account.
2. Select your account symbol. This is your profile photo, which is at the upper right corner of the screen.
3. Scroll to the bottom and select Language. If you can’t comprehend the menu options right now because the language is foreign to you, choose the one with the Chinese character and a capital A.
4. Choose your preferred language from the list. Every language is written in its script. You may select a language from the list as long as you know what language you want to shift to.
5. Your language will now be adjusted automatically to the one you choose. If not, refresh the screen by clicking the Home button. The language change should be applied to the whole YouTube site, but the videos will stay in their native language. If you want to apply the modification to the videos as well, you must clear your browser’s cache and cookies. This procedure varies based on the browser you’re using.
How to Change YouTube Language on an Android Device
If you’re using an Android smartphone to browse YouTube, there are a few options for changing the language settings depending on how you visit YouTube. The steps for each are as follows:
Changing the language of the YouTube app
If you’re using the YouTube mobile app, you may change the default language by adjusting the location settings in your app. To accomplish this,
- Log in to your YouTube mobile app.
2. Select your profile symbol. It should be in the screen’s upper right corner.
3. Scroll down and press the Settings button. If you are unable to comprehend the language due to a different script, it should be the option next to the Gear Icon.
4. Select General. It should be the very first option on the menu.
5. Scroll down and press the Location button. It should be the third to last choice. There is no toggle button on the right side.
6. Enter the name of the nation where you want the location as default.
If you wish to alter the language settings directly, you must do it in the phone settings. Although this varies depending on the brand of your phone, most Android smartphones will have these under Settings, then System.
Making Use of the Mobile Web Browser
When using a mobile web browser, the language of YouTube will default to the language of your phone. Change this by doing the following:
- Open the web browser on your phone and navigate to YouTube mobile.
2. Select Menu. The three vertical dots in the upper right corner of the screen should be this.
3. Select Settings. This should be the third to final option on the dropdown menu.
4. Scroll down and select Languages. This should be the fourth and last option. It should be located directly above the Lite mode option, which features a percentage sign.
5. The resultant window should provide a list of languages, sorted by choice. By touching on the three dots symbol to the right of each language, you may move it up or down the list. Tap on Add Language if you want to add a new language. This should be the option with a plus sign to the left. Select a language from the drop-down menu. All languages are given in English as well as their native script.
Once you’ve selected a language, exit this screen or press Home.
How to Change YouTube Language on an iPhone
Because the YouTube app is not platform-specific, the method for changing the settings does not differ based on the mobile device. If you’re using an iPhone, follow the procedures outlined above for Android. They are comparable.
How to Change the Language on YouTube Using a Firestick
YouTube on the Amazon Firestick may be accessed identically to the mobile version, either the YouTube App or a web browser. If you want to view YouTube on your Firestick using a web browser, follow the methods in the Windows, Mac, or Chromebook sections above. But if you’re using the YouTube for TV app, you need to perform the following:
- Launch the YouTube for TV application. If you haven’t already, please sign in.
2. Scroll down and select Settings (the one with the gear icon).
3. Scroll down until you find Language and click on it.
4. When you see a Chinese character and an A on your screen, select Edit and select the language that you wish to be the default.
5. Select ‘Confirm change’.
If you want to change the language of the videos, you must alter the Firestick’s language settings. To accomplish this, take these steps:
- Go to the Home screen of your Firestick and choose Settings. The last choice on the top menu should be it.
2. Select Preferences. It should be available with lines and circles.
3. Scroll down to Language, which should be the second to last choice.
4 . Choose the language you wish to use from the list.
5. Exit from this screen.
How to Change YouTube Language on an Apple TV
Changing the language on an Apple TV is comparable to changing the language on a Firestick. Follow the procedures in the computer platform version if you are watching YouTube using a web browser. If you’re using the YouTube for TV app, proceed as directed on the Firestick platform. If you want to change the language of the videos, you must do so directly on your Apple TV settings. You can do this via the following:
- Go to the Apple TV home screen.
- Choose Settings (the option with the gear symbol).
- Select General, which will be the top choice on the list.
- Continue scrolling down until you reach the Language and Region tab. Labels distinguish each tab. The fourth option is Language and Region. It’s just underneath the Keyboard options.
- Choose an Apple TV language. On the Language and Region tab, it should be the top choice.
- Select your favorite language from the drop-down menu.
- Select Change Language from the menu that appears.
- You are now free to leave this screen.
Read more on rexpays: