Did you know that Bakers are one of the most high-demand jobs in Canada? and as a highly skilled expert, you can anticipate earning an annual salary ranging from $69,300 to $98,400.
A Baker, or Pastry Chef, is responsible for crafting baked delicacies for customer. Among their responsibilities are devising recipes, procuring ingredients, and coordinating baking schedules to produce bread, cakes, pastries, pies, cookies and other goods.
The following are the responsibilities of a baker:
- Clean kitchen equipment and tools before use
- Weigh the flour and other ingredients to prepare the dough.
- Create various bread styles, including pretzels, baguettes, and multigrain loaves, through baking.
- Adjust oven temperatures to ensure proper baking.
- Blend various ingredients to produce fillings for cakes and pies, such as chocolate ganache, caramel sauce, and fresh fruits.
- Decorate cakes using glazes, icings, buttercream, and edible garnishes, such as flowers.
- Mold the dough to craft various pastries, from croissants and cookies to sweet rolls.
- Prepare custom-made pastries tailored to customers’ preferences, such as creating birthday cakes.
- Suggest recipes to revitalize our menu and appeal to a broader clientele, including options like gluten-free or vegan desserts.
- Track food inventory and initiate requisitions when necessary.
Requirements and skills
A baker will be required to have the following skills:
- Proficiency with professional kitchen equipment, such as mixers, blenders, and dough sheeters.
- Understanding of food safety practices
- Experience with cake decoration techniques
- Excellent time-management skills
- Capability to maintain composure and concentration within a high-speed setting.
- Collaborative mindset, coupled with a customer-centric approach.
- Adaptability to engage in early morning shifts.
- Possessing a certification from a culinary school is advantageous.
Is There Really a Demand for Bakers in Canada?
There is an opportunity! As previously stated, you can migrate to Canada as a skilled Baker, with a strong likelihood of securing employment across any of the 11 provinces. These potential job openings are available in:
- British Columbia
- New Brunswick
- Prince Edward Island
- Newfoundland and Labrador
- Nova Scotia
In the upcoming years, it is estimated that there will be 28000 fresh employment opportunities owing to expansion and the requirement for replacements, along with an additional 35,000 new positions for graduates and immigrants aiming to establish their lives and careers in Canada.
This is the reason Canada is in demand for Bakers. You genuinely have the opportunity to relocate to Canada as a Baker.
How Much Do Bakers Earn in Canada?
In Canada, salaries are highly competitive, and as a seasoned Baker, you can anticipate earning a yearly income ranging from $69,300 to $98,400.
How To Apply For a Baker Job in Canada
Being a highly skilled worker doesn’t necessitate having a job to immigrate to Canada, but it can expedite the process. A job offer can enhance the immigration procedure, allowing you to accrue between 50 and 200 PR (Permanent Residency) points.
This advances your position in the candidate pool since having a higher point count increases your likelihood of receiving an invitation during the numerous rounds of offers conducted within the Canada Visa System.
Double Double Strathmore Ltd Baker Job Overview
- No degree, certificate or diploma
1 year to less than 2 years
- Ensure that the quality of products meets established standards
- Inspect kitchen and food service areas
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Handling heavy loads
- Repetitive tasks
- Standing for extended periods
- Work under pressure
- Health care plan
Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits
- Learning/training paid by employer
This employer advocates for unbiased employment opportunities for all job applicants, including individuals who self-identify as members of these particular groups:
Who Can Apply For This Job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you do not possess authorization to work in Canada, please refrain from applying, as your application will not receive a response from the employer.
Also check out: 2,250+ Cleaner Jobs in Canada for Foreigners – Apply Now
How to Apply
By email: email@example.com
If you’re interested in applying to immigrate to Canada within a different profession, you’ll discover relevant information on our Canada Skilled Immigration Guides page.
Comprehensive occupation-specific guides and job application procedures can be accessed through our Canada Job Guides index for those seeking employment opportunities in Canada.
As previously indicated, you must visit the nearest Canadian Embassy to you during your application process to reside in Canada as a Baker. You can access the complete list of all Canadian Embassies Worldwide here.